When discovered early, oral cancer can be usually be successfully treated. However, most individuals don’t learn that they have oral cancer until the cancer has progressed to a life-threatening stage that is difficult to treat. During your routine appointment with Dr. Todd M. Roby, one of our team members will check your mouth for signs of abnormalities that could be indicative of oral cancer.
Potential Signs of Oral Cancer May Include:
- Frequent sore throat
- Feels like something is caught in the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Persistent sore on your face, neck or mouth and doesn’t recover within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps and rough spots on the gums
- Red, white or speckled patches in the mouth
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing
- Changes in the way your teeth or dentures fit
Something to Note:
An oral cancer screening is not a diagnosis of cancer. Should our dentist discover an abnormality or irregularity, he will refer you to a medical professional to perform additional tests.
If you are interested in learning more about getting an oral cancer screening in Longmont, Colorado, call our office at 303-776-2020. One of our team members will gladly speak with you about your questions and concerns, so you can go into your appointment feeling confident. Our dentist and team look forward to caring for your smile.